Eating foods that are high in fiber will help to keep you feeling full longer without making you go over your calorie limit. Here are a few fiber-rich snacks that will stop a growling stomach, help give you more energy, and even help promote good digestion for the rest of the day.
- Sweet potato fries. While sweet potato fries are delicious and may seem totally indulgent, this filling snack is actually loaded with fiber.
- Edamame hummus. If you’re a hummus lover who is always looking for new versions of this tasty dip, this fiber-rich version is a must try. Edamame hummus is just as creamy as the original, and it’s very easy to make at home.
- Rice cakes with almond butter. Rice cakes are a popular health food because they are low in calories and very versatile, and by adding fiber and vitamin-packed almond butter, you can make them even more satisfying.
- Flaxseed. Sprinkle ground flaxseed onto your oatmeal, yogurt, or even ice cream for a boost of fiber from an otherwise lacking food.
- Pears. If you’re on the go and simply don’t have time to prepare a complicated snack, grab a whole raw pear for a tasty treat that’s filled with fiber.
Most people associate cake with celebration — birthdays, weddings, and showers. But Susan Sarich, owner of Susie Cakes in Marina del Rey, believes you shouldn't have to wait for these milestone events to enjoy cake. A slice of cake can make an ordinary day brighter, and she strives to offer her customers the best cakes possible, created from her grandmother's recipes. With more than a dozen locations throughout California, it's clear that her customers agree with that philosophy.
Customers say they feel a smile forming on their faces when they step into Susie Cakes; it has a whimsical, retro decor and it has a large glass window through which customers can watch bakers creating and decorating treats. Susie Cakes is known as a go-to spot for layer cakes, and the carrot layer cake is a particular favorite. The cookies and bars, including the lemon squares and classic chocolate brownies, are also popular. But the standout treat at Susie Cakes are the cupcakes — you'll always find a standard roster of flavors, including vanilla and red velvet, as well as limited-edition seasonal cupcakes, including pumpkin spice with butter cream frosting.